Wednesday 27 March 2013

I'm a looper

Here are some pieces I have created by knitting my wires with needles instead of a loom. 

I began knitting coloured 0.315mm copper wires on 4mm knitting needles. The results are a lot different from using the loom as needle knitted wire creates a lot less routine pattern. I quite like the imperfect, messier appearance, and feel it works well with the sisal. Also, the scale of each pieces is much easier to play about with. However, after a university lecture on 'Marketing and Branding', I had the divine realisation that it was the loop pattern made from my loom is what really stood out in my work. I'm a looper. I am eager to develop of course, but the needles were making me lose a quality which made my work individual.





No comments:

Post a Comment